These chicken legs cooked in an air fryer are every child’s fantasy come true. Everyone, especially the children, is obsessed with eating the legs of the chicken. Even if you follow this recipe, you and your guests will still be vying for the last drumstick.
These chicken legs will be delicious when served with beans, corn casserole, Brussels sprouts, or potatoes. They have been given a crispy coating. A delicious choice for any celebration!
Air Fryer Drumsticks
These air fryer chicken legs are extremely incredible! You don’t have to endure the frigid temperatures just to cook them on the grill, nor do you have to make a monumental mess in the kitchen while doing so. The use of air fryers is revolutionizing the world of cooking. The ideal method for cooking chicken legs is to utilize an air fryer, which is a countertop appliance that has all of the necessary cooking components. This frees up space in your oven, allowing you to prepare the funeral potatoes or potato wedges to accompany the legs.
The circulating air produces outsides that are luscious and crispy, while the meat on the inside is delicate and moist. The seasoning has a savory flavor with a little bit of a sweet aftertaste. It is amazing in quality! Chicken legs are a fan favorite since they are simple to grasp and enjoy eating. They provide an opportunity for you to eat with your fingers as well. The chicken legs have quickly become my children’s preferred option for dinner. They are able to eat with their hands and absolutely adore the flavor of soft, juicy chicken. Because this recipe for the air fryer is so spectacular, you will need to make sure to save some for later. Try them out later tonight!
What Are You Actually Required For Air Fryer Chicken Legs?
In the meat section of your supermarket, you should be able to find chicken legs. In most cases, chicken drumsticks can be purchased in pre-packaged quantities close to other chicken parts.
- Chicken Legs: It is important to keep the skin on these. All agree that the outcome is a deliciously crisp outer shell.
- Paprika: On the drumsticks, it imparts both flavor and color.
- Italian Seasoning: A well-balanced assortment of seasonings that can be sprinkled on top.
- Brown Sugar: Each leg receives a touch of sweetness and caramelization with the use of this ingredient.
- Salt and Pepper: To your liking, please!
- Olive Oil:This makes it easier for the seasoning to adhere to the chicken, and after air-frying it, the chicken ends up with a lovely, crunchy skin.
How To Make Chicken Legs in the Air Fryer
This couldn’t possibly get much simpler! Toss everything together, and then put your hands away. There is no need to constantly monitor the grill or the pan. Simply turn the page. If you only have to cook the legs once, you will have dinner ready to serve in no time.
- Get the chicken ready: Utilizing some paper towels, thoroughly dry the chicken legs. Then put them in a bowl about the same size.
- Spice it up: Paprika, Italian spice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper should be mixed together in a separate, smaller bowl.
- Put them together: After adding the ingredients and tossing the chicken in the bowl with the olive oil, the chicken should be completely coated with the seasonings.
- Bake it: Position the chicken legs in the basket of the air fryer with the skin side facing down. Cook for ten minutes at a temperature of 380 degrees. After 10 minutes, flip the chicken over and continue cooking for another 7–8 minutes until it is no longer pink in the center and has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
The reason you need air fryer chicken drumsticks in your life!
In case you were seriously considering whether or not you should make these, I’m here to tell you that you absolutely should
- Less Mess: Drumsticks cooked in an air fryer produce a mess that is confined within the appliance rather than being spread out over the grill or the stovetop. I adore it.
- Fast and Easy: Reduce the amount of time it takes to cook your drumsticks while maintaining the same level of quality.
- Balanced Cooking: The legs are cooked uniformly thanks to the circulating air in the fryer, and the exterior is not overly charred. It is of the highest caliber.
- Healthier: Because very little oil is used, consuming protein in this manner is a more nutritious option. Particularly if you are participating in a ketogenic or low-carb diet. It is a much healthier alternative to using oil to achieve the same “fried” taste and texture.
- Cheap: When I last looked, chicken legs were one of the least expensive cuts of meat you could purchase. Talk about getting a gourmet meal on a shoestring budget!
- Fun: Okay, I know I’ve mentioned this before, but truly, chicken drumsticks cooked in an air fryer are one of the most enjoyable foods to consume. So go to it.
Instructions for Air Fryer Drumsticks
You will want to make sure that these are absolutely wonderful, but because you will be air-frying them, this should not be difficult.
- Be Familiar With Your Air Fryer: Temperatures and cooking times are both subject to change depending on the air fryer you use. The quantity of chicken drumsticks that can be accommodated is another factor that will be considered. Be sure to inspect and monitor the chicken legs that you are cooking to prevent them from becoming overcooked or undercooked. Make the necessary adjustments.
- Take a reading of the temperature: In order to determine whether or not these chicken legs prepared in an air fryer are fit for human consumption, you will need to check the internal temperature. Put the thermometer in the meatiest and thickest section of the drumstick, but make sure it doesn’t contact the bone. The thermometer ought to show 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let it rest: Before slicing into meat, it is best practice to allow it to rest for a while first. It makes it possible for the meat to reabsorb and redistribute the moisture that is already present within the flesh, which in turn makes the meat fibers more soft.
Different Approaches to Chicken Drumsticks
This recipe for the air fryer has a lot of room for variation, which is one of its many appealing qualities. Make these chicken legs your own by seasoning them with a variety of spices and basting them in a variety of sauces. They are going to be equally as delicious as these chicken wings prepared in an air fryer.
- Rubs: These legs cooked in an air fryer are suitable for seasoning with a wide variety of herbs and spices. In addition to taco and ranch seasoning, you can create a whole host of other variations on your own. The following are some examples of potential seasonings: chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, ground mustard, and celery seed
- Sauces: There is no requirement for a sauce when preparing chicken legs in an air fryer; nonetheless, there are situations when a sauce is desired. You should wait until the last two or three minutes of cooking time before adding a sauce to the chicken, such as barbecue sauce, if you wish to add it while the chicken is cooking. Apply a generous coating of barbecue sauce all over the chicken legs, then continue cooking. You will want to set aside some of the sauces for dipping the other foods. These chicken legs cooked in an air fryer are compatible with a variety of sauces and dressings, including ranch dressing, hot sauce, cheese sauce, Yum Yum sauce, honey mustard, and your go-to Asian sauce.
- Store: These can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three to four days, or they can be frozen for up to three to four months. After letting the chicken legs defrost in the refrigerator, you may reheat them in the microwave or the air fryer for a few minutes, depending on which method you prefer.